Saturday 3 May 2008

Lord Of The Wildwood

It was so good to be able to get out into the garden today, and boy did it need some attention! Now the lawn is mowed, weeds have been pulled up, borders tidied and everything looks lovely again! It's been wonderful to get my hands in the soil once more - nice and dirty! Great to get so close to earth in such a physical way and to feel part of the new surge of life. The dance of life is really underway and this year I feel such a part of it. Not a spectator, not an observer, not a commentator, but actually in there, as part of the dance, taking an active part. Taking up my place as part of the All, knowing my place on the Web of Life and enjoying actively being there.

Being outside and working with nature today has reminded me of my need to further and deepen my relationship with the God. It's funny, I feel so connected to Goddess, yet I am aware that I do not have that same sense of relationship with the God. I've moved on in recent weeks, and I've talked about that here a few times, but I feel that my experience of him needs to deepen. I need to awaken the God aspect of me to a deeper level.

I bought a new God icon at Beltane, as I was hearing his call then as well. Here he is:



I just love this icon! This is the God as Lord of the Wildwood, and this is often how I relate to him. Strong and powerful, yet full of compassion. Lord and protector of animals and plants, Lord of the witches, the wild, free, untamed passion and power of nature. The God exists outside of human control just as nature is outside of human control and I am sure that it is this aspect that causes me to shrink back a little, to become a little reticent. I am sure it is the 'control freak' in me, pulling back, just a tad, from releasing this wild and uncontrollable energy within.

In the garden today it was obvious that no matter how much clipping, pruning, mowing or weeding I do, Nature will still jump over the fence and mock my efforts! My garden will only be this tidy for a matter of days before a force more powerful than I sprouts from the soil once more, in an unpredictable way! I have plants in my garden that I most certainly didn't put there! The God is the same - he will 'spring up' in my life in unpredictable and surprising ways and although this causes me a degree of apprehension, I also know it's just want I need to happen!

No comments: