Friday, 22 August 2008
Well, I Wasn't Expecting That!
I was really touched today to find that my blog had been nominated by two fellow bloggers to win an award!
A really big thank you, and an even bigger hug to both The Green Witch and to Hen for both considering this little site of somewhat incomprehensible rambling worthy of such an honour - I really am touched by your kindness, thank you very much.
I set this blog up simply to record my thoughts, feelings and experiences along my spiritual journey and am both amazed and thrilled that other people are now stopping by to read and share my journey with me. It really means a lot. It especially means a lot as recently life events, both planned and otherwise, have kept me away from regular blogging - so thank you for sticking with me through a rather sparse period. I intend to return to my more regular posts in the very near future.
In accepting this award (I fear I'm about to do a Gwyneth Paltrow!!) I agree to post the following rules:
The Rules for those receiving an award are:-
1. The winner can put the logo on their blog
2. Link the person you received the award from
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Put links of those blogs on yours
5. Leave a message on the blogs nominated
In anything like this, there are always people one has to leave out, and that pains me. All the blogs I list on my blogroll are more than worthy of a mention, and I wouldn't list them there if they didn't mean something to me. They are there because I value them, the people that write them, and the gems each of them contain. But, I can only nominate 7. In making my nominations I have tried, where possible, to avoid blogs that others have nominated, in an effort to 'share the love' so please don't be upset if I've not nominated you!
So, here, in no particular order, are my 7 nominations:
1. Evoking The Goddess. I love Paul's blog, and I love it for one simple reason: this man clearly loves the Goddess. Paul's blog carries such a passion and love for the Lady that I am inspired each time I read it. I just wish he would post more often! Thank you Paul.
2. Moonroot. I love this blog because I find it inspirational yet rooted and grounded in reality. I love the vibrant energy of this blog, it really seems to carry a real excitement and I find that energising and empowering.
3. Shamrock Witch. I love the way that this blog brings such beautiful pictures of the natural world. I always reminded my connection with and to all things when I visit this blog and what I really enjoy is that the pictures are taken out of love and wonder and this is conveyed so powerfully through this blog. It's a joy to visit.
4. The Sacred Space. This blog has the desire to connect with the Divine as it's centre and this is simply why I love it - it's a blog with a heart.
5. Starweavers Corner. I've been inspired to study and read further by this blog many times, it's a blog that feeds and inspires my curiosity and need to grow, but in a grounded and real way.
6. The Green Witch. Yes, this site has already won an award, but I have to nominate this blog as I am constantly amazed at the energy of TGW! She seems to comment on every blog in the pagan world, and this encouragement and support is something I value dearly. A constant inspiration!
7. Tea, Sympathy and Perfume. Mary's blog is one of such variety, I just love it! I love the poems and other art contained here as they awaken my deeper conscious in very real ways. This blog is written from a genuine heart and a genuine spirit, and this is evident in the writings here.
Please visit these very special places on the web - and all of those I have listed in my Blogroll, as each of them are very special indeed.