Wednesday 19 March 2008

Source


I purchased a new icon today, as you can see from the picture. She's called Source and she's by an artist called Philippa Bowers. I've admired this particular icon for some time now, but finally, today, I made the decision to part with my money and take her home with me! I'm thrilled that I did, I think she looks lovely here in the hearth. It's not her final home, she will make her way to my Temple Room once Equinox has passed.

I do love icons and I find they help me focus and set my intention. It's odd, really, because in my formative years I was raised as an evangelical Christian, where icons were not only frowned upon, they were seen as idolatry and therefore forbidden as they were anti 'the true God'. Now, as I move ever deeper into my pagan spiritual experience I find my idols and symbols as invaluable. They help shift my consciousness and they provide a real and genuine energy. Ritual is similar. I love ritual, because it symbolises intention, focuses my mind and spirit, creates sacred space and it has power because it's under my will.

Source shows me a state of mind, a state of being, that I long to attain. I'm not there, yet, but I'm hopefully getting there!

No comments: