Sunday 4 May 2008

New Beginnings



It's New Moon tomorrow and I was aware of a desire for change within me before I realised that New Moon was imminent! There's a real stirring inside and it's on many levels. Changes at work, a desire for a deeper and richer spiritual experience and a sense of a general feeling of stagnation are all rising within me and all demanding attention. It's almost as if I sense that there's something I should be doing, or somewhere I should be going, but I've not quite sussed it yet! It's a very odd feeling.

I've even been brave enough to make New Moon Meditation Evenings a public thing at home! I just wanted to open the doors, make this a public thing and see if anyone wants to come along and join in. I'll just have to see what happens!

New Moon is clearly a time of New Beginnings, a time where intentions are set, guidance sought, healing given and courage girded. All these things I need. I'm needing to set my focus and this inner restlessness is all about moving forward on my spiritual path. The desire I have to move on is something that springs from need to know the Lord and Lady in a deeper and more meaningful way. It's a hunger that is growing within me and call that I need to answer, a call that I need to heed.

I stood on Glastonbury Tor in the rain today, calling to the Lord of the Wildwood. I saw, very fleetingly, a picture of man with long grey flowing hair, carrying a stang, walking up a hill. He was determined, clear of where he was going and where he wanted to be. It was a clear picture, I could even make out his clothing, but it was a fleeting picture, it vanished very quickly. I wasn't sure if this was a glimpse of myself, a kind of picture of where I need to be, or if it was someone coming to bring me a message. This is something that I will need to explore and revisit in my meditations this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy, I've been going through your blog slowly, enjoying the posts - you write really powerfully.

I was at Chalice Well myself yesterday with a dear friend - it's got an amazing power and I was bowled over by it.

I look forward to reading more from you - Blessed Be!

Andy said...

Merry Meet!

Yes, Chalice Well is a very special place indeed. I always find the energy between the two Yew Trees and at the Well Head to be particularly powerful. It's a wonderful place for a 'walking meditation' as well as quiet still meditation. I love going there.

Thanks for your comments on my posts, I do appreciate that and I look forward to charring further!