Sunday 27 April 2008

It's Not Easy

It's been a funny old weekend. Weekends usually are! I've felt quite tired really and have spent most of my time doing very little. Had a good night out on Friday and had a nice meal with my parents last night.

I'm feeling a little anxious about a hospital appointment. I've been having some nose and throat problems and now they need to be investigated and I'd be lying if I didn't say I wasn't a little anxious about the appointment. The appointment is bad enough, but I also have to find a hospital in a different town, and I've no idea where it is! This is all part of the NHS having to keep waiting lists down - you just get sent to where there's an available appointment. If this whole thing wasn't stressful enough I have to find a strange hospital in a strange town. Ah well!

I'm keeping a sense of perspective about this but the fact that I've no idea what the tests are going to involve also bothers me somewhat. It's all very strange.

My plan is to get there as early as I possibly can, allowing myself plenty of time to get lost! I can then spend some time in the car getting into a stable and strong spiritual place so as opposed to being buffeted about by all this I will be in personal control. This is a real test for me. I need to somehow rise above these natural and human concerns to a higher level. It's not easy - but no one ever said it was!

No comments: