Tuesday 1 April 2008

"Do What Thou Wilt"

I've been thinking a lot about the statement "do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." It's been echoing around in my head so much in recent weeks. I can't begin to understand this statement fully, in fact I think that I am only just starting to fathom it, just stepping into some kind of spiritually immature understanding. "do what thou wilt" doesn't mean "do what you want" - not at all. What it is about, I think, is discovering not even ones true purpose, but rather, perhaps, who one is - or more correctly, who one was intended to be. I have a path, a purpose - we all do. "We are all stars" and we all move in our course, and it's this pure will that is Divine will, so my spiritual path is about understanding and knowing that will and moving into it, and in that coming together, that Divine Union, is rapture. It's like a moving into my divine purpose, the true understanding of who and what I am - what I was called and intended to be, and within this special place flows true freedom and liberty. It all sounds so easy, but it seems like it's anything but at the moment!

No comments: